CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 29, 2007

Show and Tell

I've not posted for a few days as I have been so anxious to work with some 1930's retro prints that I recently purchased in the form of fat quarters and a charm pack (Aunt Grace 25th Anniversary Collection). I thought I would make myself a table runner. I had seen the cutest pattern for one at "Happy Zombie's" blog a few weeks ago (she's in my list to the right). So that's what I've been up to. I will post a picture of it when it is finished. I have the top almost completed but I need to applique some cherries on it and then quilt it before it will be officially finished. I really like the looks of it so far though. It is so colorful and cheery!

In looking over my blog tonight, I realized that I haven't posted many pictures of the quilts I have finished. So, I'm giving you all a little Show and Tell to look at!




This is the first quilt that I ever did..technically it's a wallhanging. My sister Sandy helped me with it and it hangs now in my living room.
It is called Folk Art Flowers. I think it looks a little Celtic which is fine with me because of my Scottish heritage--it just seems appropriate!











This is the second wallhanging that I did. It is from the Flower of the Month club by Northcott. This is February's pattern. I call it "Teacups and Violets"


This is where "Teacups" spends the day. I think it looks cute spread out on our bed!









This cheery "Sunshine" lap quilt is one that I made for my daughter, Mollie. This is just the top. It is at the shop now being quilted and it should be done in a few weeks. It was quite a challenge for this novice! The fabrics are mostly from the Sunshine collection by April Cornell for Moda. The pattern was a jelly roll one by This n'That Patterns called "Wagon Wheels"

There is another that I have made for our soon-to-be-next grandchild called Garden Tales using Beatrix Potter prints. But I forgot to take a picture of it before it went to the quilters! I'll be getting it in a few weeks and will post a pic then. That's the end of the show for today!

0 comments: