CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 22, 2007

Another Project Completed!

Every once in a while I move into "warp speed" and really amaze myself with my accomplishments! I am referring today to the fact that I have the top finished on the table runner that I am making for Aunt Betty. I think it came out quite nicely, if I do say so myself! It is made using the pattern called Blackford's Beauty that I got from a fantastic website called The Quilter's Cache run by Marcia Hohn . There are just tons of block patterns there and all are available for free! Yea Marcia! We love people like you!! I made it in the colors of coral and turquoise that I remembered her having in her lovely apt. in Michigan. She had moved back to her roots after growing tired of all the hurricanes in Florida, but she still loves those tropical beachy colors..so I incorporated the brownish tan tones of the sandy beaches in the table runner also. Now tomorrow I am going to attempt to quilt it...I am kind of afraid of doing this as it will be my first attempt and I don't want to ruin what I've started! In doing some research tonight on the web, I found that this is a common feeling even among seasoned quilters..everyone approaches the quilting part with some fear and trepidation, but the best thing to do is just take a deep breath and plunge into it...well, I'm not going to do that..I will sleep on it, pray about it and start it first thing in the morning after watching Quilt in a Day on RFD-TV !
Hopefully, Eleanor will inspire me!!
The full length table runner
A close up of Square # 1
A close-up of Squre # 2
A close-up of Square # 3
Update on Rocky:
The latest on Rocky and the swollen head...he still resembles Goliath but he is eating and drinking in a normal fashion. I don't know what in the world it could be. After doing more research on swollen muzzles, I still come back to bee/wasp stings. I've been giving him (adult) Benadryl now...DH went to the store and bought some...and we are giving him 1 mg/lb 3x a day. I am sure it makes him rather groggy, but that will help him to heal. Please say a prayer for him to get back to his ole' lovable self.

FYI: In case any of you fabric lovers are looking for a deal...I just was browsing at one of my favorite online shops, Honeybee Fabrics

They are the cutest little shop...I just love the lines they carry and they are having a big clearance sale! Might just find what you're looking for...or find something you weren't looking for but have to get!!

0 comments: