CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

In the beginning...





Well, here I am at the beginning of a new venture into yet another venue of the virtual world! Isn't it just amazing? I have been caught up in reading the blogs of other like-minded "quilt-a-holics" all week and now I am yearning to join in the fun of communicating with y'all !






My husband has always proclaimed that I have the gift of gab and now I'll get to share my inner self with all of you...I know you are thrilled.






As mentioned in my profile, I love to quilt. But this love, ur I should say PASSION, has only been with me for a few short months. I've come to it late in life...but better late than never as the adage goes. I am still just a novice...have only done 2 wallhangings and 3, no, now 4 quilts...This week has found me coming to the end of my first Sunbonnet Sue. I made it as a gift for my niece's baby. She has finally had her first loving little bundle just a week or two this side of 40! She and her husband were just thrilled and I just had to make that little doll something very special. It was such fun to work on and I had a picture in my mind of how I wanted to do it...with soft baby flannels all ragged out and cozy feeling! The trick was to figure out how to put it together. I got quite a bit of help from one of my favorite quilt instructors, Eleanor Burns. She wrote the greatest book, Sunbonnet Sue Visits Quilt in a Day. It was so well written AND had lots of great pictures to show the steps. I definitely needed that. Anyway, the little quilt got packaged up and sent out via UPS this afternoon...hope you enjoy it as much as I did makin' it, Marina!!



0 comments: