CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Looking to get inspired

After spending yesterday riding around the back hills country roads of the Cumberland Plateau with my husband in search of the perfect flowers, shrubs and trees for our nursery, I have to admit that I'm beginning to get excited to create some pretty floral displays around the house. I have to get out the pics from last year's displays to give me inspiration though as for some reason, it just doesn't come to me without pictures! Last year was the first year that I planted red ivy geraniums int he window boxes and I fell in love with them. They were so healthy all summer...and I mean ALL summer! They went in the planter in May and bloomed all the way til November! I couldn't believe it. But they are winners in my book and I'm going with them again this year.

 And at my birdbath, I planted Russian Sage for the first time last year. I love the look of it beside the Sweet Potato vine in the dish garden with red geraniums of course! The daylily was about to burst forth in bloom, too. And that's purple coneflower to the right of the birdbath. I'm going for a similar look this year since most of the plants are perennials in that little garden. Can't wait to get started on making my pots! But, now, they're calling for frost tomorrow night....guess I need to wait a day or so....

0 comments: