CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 23, 2010

Songbird Quilt is Finished!

I am very happy to report that the long awaited day has come and the Songbird quilt is finished! It has been taken to the quilt shop to be lovingly quilted by my good friend, Kathy...who has determined to quilt it in "whatever mood strikes me" when laid out into the machine! Since I trust her implicitly to do a wonderful job, I know that it will turn out just the way I like it. My only concern is that it turns out the way the lady that is buying it from me likes it!! But she is such a bird lover that I think she will. I'll post a picture below and you can make your own judgement on it. It's a bit "busy" for my taste, but, each to his own! I'm just glad to have it finished--even though there are no mitered corners, I think that the cornerstones framed with birds are just fine. (I owe that design decision to the same friend, Kathy, that is doing the quilting! How much I owe to her expertise. . .

0 comments: