CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Elayna's Quilt

Just had to post a picture of the wonderful little lap quilt that my 9 year old granddaughter worked on when she was here over Spring Break. She sewed almost all of the squares of this crazy little quilt! (The pattern is called 5 Easy Pieces by Lady Jane's Pattern Co and uses just 10 fat quarters in its design.) Of course, Grandma B sewed on the sashings and cornerstones, but she did a great job in my opinion! She wanted to make it as a surprise for her little brother. What a sweet gesture! I took it down to Spring Creek to get quilted just the other day. Elayna also made a pillow top with decorative stitching to match the quilt, using the 10th square. I still have to put a back on that! Here's my sweet little seamstress. Don't you just love her??
She and her sister are coming next week for another week of "craftiness" along with their little Alabama cousin and my sister. We are SO looking forward to teaching the little lovelies some of the fun times to be had enjoying the domestic arts! I think it's so important to share our skills with the upcoming generations so homemaking doesn't become a lost art.

0 comments: