CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Friendship Jam

"...it is neither the coming or the going that is of consequence---what is of consequence is the beauty that one gathers in this interlude called life." -Winston O. Abbott, Come Walk Among the Stars


A dear friend came by today just to see me and drop off a lovely jar of raspberry jam that she had made from the raspberries she had picked on her farm. Is there anything lovelier or more delicious than that? Whether I am speaking of the gesture or the jam, let that be your choice, dear reader. For the senses are awakened with the luscious smell of the berries, the gorgeous ruby red color of them and the tantalizing thought of how wonderful it will taste spread thick on a warm, buttery biscuit straight from the oven--all that is fine and good...but the gesture of my sweet friend, who in the midst of her busy errand-loaded day, took the time to stop by, just to check on me to see how I'm riding the rocky seas of my present life, wields a far greater degree of wakefulness within my heart. There is really nothing I can think of that trumps a true life faithful friend.

0 comments: