CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Gr-r-r-r Patterns that Haven't Got the Kinks Worked Out Yet!

In my last post I stated that I had all the fabric cut out for my Songbird quilt...well, I wish I would have stopped cutting and started sewing so see if the pattern measurements were accurate...you guessed it--they WEREN'T. One of the strips required to make the cornerstone steps is mistakenly off in the measurements stated by about 1/2 inch....which means I have to re-cut about 24 strips! I am very unhappy about that! This is not fun quilting, this is frustrating quilting!
In the end it will be worth it...but it is a waste of good fabric. Wish manufacturers would be more accurate with their pattern instructions. But, then again...I guess the old adage is still true...."You get what you pay for!"

0 comments: