CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 27, 2009

Another Week Gone By

I had a great week with a few days spent with my grandkids. On Wednesday afternoon I pulled out my basket of stamps and colorful papers and I helped them make special birthday cards for their daddy. We had such fun and so did they. It's amazing how creative their little minds can be! My only regret is that I didn't take any pictures...:(
They spent quite a long time (especially the girls) working to make their cards just right. I only hope their daddy appreciated all our efforts!!
This afternoon I finished a long awaited for Train Quilt for my little grandson, John. He turned 5 on Valentine's Day and this grandma had promised him a quilt for "quite" a long time. I am so thankful that I finally got it done! Now it just needs to go to the quilt shop to be quilted. I'll be taking it down to Spring Creek tomorrow. It has little train engines in the small squares in the middle of the blocks. The picture below this one is the back of it.


This is just a mishmash of odds and ends...but it IS just the back ya know!


Can't wait to get down to Spring Creek though. I need to find some neutral fabrics (blacks, tans, and creams) to start working on a quilt for my daughter-in-law who lives in North Carolina. I think I'm going to make her a Carpenter Star. It is one of my favorite patterns. This is one that I have hanging in my dining room. I made this about a year ago. It was really a fun class that I took at Spring Creek with my sister Sandy.

You can see the fabrics a little better in this pic. It really is an easy quilt to make, though I think it looks hard....surprise! It's not!

0 comments: