CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 2, 2007

Fall Has Come to Tennessee











Well, I know it may have seemed as if I dropped off the earth to many of you. I've been hearing by way of the grapevine that some of you keep checking my blog only to see the same post day after day...after day....:( sorry....I've just been so busy.
We went on a wonderful car tour with S and M the beginning of October and saw lots of country in Iowa, Kansas, and Nebraska. It was called the "Little Tour on the Prairie" with the CHVA Sunflower Region as hosts. (CHVA = Contemporary Historical Vehicle Association) What a great time we had! All the old cars and young-at-heart people made it a vacation to remember that's for sure! Sister S and I did our best to make it a tour of quilt shops on the prairie! Here I am at one of my favorite stops!
This was just the beginning of many stops along the way, in Winterset, Iowa. Our husbands were very considerate and although they wanted to look at beuatiful restored cars such as this one...
and my DH wanted to stop for a closer look at precious gems such as this...


We all got along just fine because we were so tolerant of each other. It made for a wonderful trip. Everyone should get out and go on the side roads and by-ways of our country. The interstates are fast and convenient but you miss the local quaintness of small town America when you always stick to the interstates. We met such nice people everywhere we went and found some fantastic restaurants along the way as well. This is an absolute must for anyone living in Kansas!


The Brookville Hotel has the best food that anyone could ever desire! Yum! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

Since we've been back, we needed time to recover from our trip. Of course, I had to get back to the sewing machine and I was a week late getting a gift made for DIL B's birthday. I made her a bag from the Charm Party pattern that was featured in McCall's Quilting magazine Aug 2007 issue. I think it came out pretty cute. And B said she really liked it, too!Then our good friends from Ohio, S and D came by for a few days. We had a fantastic time with them. Just love getting together with old friends!!
Next time, I'll post a picture of my latest quilt and matching table runner. I love how it came out and it really gives a fall look to the living room.




0 comments: