CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 27, 2007

She's Home!

Just want all of you that have been keeping tabs on her progress and mentioning baby Sarah Grace in your prayers, that God has seen fit to heal her enough that the cardiologists and the NICU staff have all come to the same conclusion...Sarah is well enough to come home!!
We received this good news last Thursday...exactly 3 weeks from the day she came into the world, she was allowed to come home. How much we owe to your prayers and the great mercies of our God! Praise HIM !!
After speaking with Sarah's mama today, I was told that she has been doing just fine. She is still alternating her feedings with the bottle and nursing, but she is getting stronger all the time and M says she seems to be acting just like a normal little infant. She is our little miracle that is for sure! We are hoping to get over to see her soon. Grandma can't wait to hold her without a nurse hovering nearby!
Now to totally change the subject....
My sister S and I spent the latter part of last week going to the American Quilt Society's annual show in Nashville. Wow! We had never been before and it was just fantastic! More than 300 vendors with oodles of gorgeous fabrics, tons of patterns, quilts on display, workshops to learn new techniques, designers and quilters all over the place! It was heaven. I even got to meet my all time favorite quilting teacher, Eleanor Burns (from Quilt in a Day)! She signed one of her books for me and I got my pic taken with her..I'll put it up on here when Sister sends it to me...she needs to download it off her cell phone! Eleanor was the nicest person...just as genuine and happy in person as she is on her TV shows. I was so glad to see that. When I came home from the show I was really inspired to start quilting so I have started working on an autumn wallhanging using fabric from Benartex designed by Nancy Halvorsen called Acorn Hollow. I'm using a pattern from Eleanor's Still Stripping book which uses mostly 2 1/2 inch strips to make up the body of the pattern. It's coming together so nicely because of her great instructions. When I get it finished I'll be sure to post a picture.
My quilting time is going to be interrupted more now with the beginning of fall activities. I'm working as a children's teacher in our local Community Bible Study this fall. We have been having training classes for the last couple of weeks. It is a wonderful group of ladies and I am making some new like-minded friends that are great prayer warriors and that really have a heart for the lost and searching. We are so fortunate to have this great organization in our little town of Livingston. Last year we had between 40-50 women from all different denominations that came together each week to study the Word of God and pray together. It looks as if we may have even more this year!
Well with God, who can be surprised? Is anything too wonderful for Him???

0 comments: