CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 30, 2007

Over the weekend I finished the top for Nursery Rhyme quilt that I was making for son B and DIL J's new little one that will be arriving sometime in November. J wanted something bright and cheery and I think that I fulfilled the bill with this one! Bright colors are not my natural tendency, as I love the pastels and jewel tones. But I think this will really catch the eye of the children. It was a challenge for me to make as I had no specific pattern-just a basic idea to begin with. Then the thing kind of took on a mind of it's own as one thing led to another! Of course, being the novice that I am...I didn't buy enough of the plaid companion print...figures, right? So, it got a lot more scrappy as I went along...(note the border!) But, all in all, I think it turned out just fine. See what you think.

This is a close up of one of the cute nursery rhyme blocks from the original panel. (Sorry for the fuzzy photo) But I think you can get the idea. Hope our new baby will enjoy it all through her childhood!

We are off this morning to take DH to the eye doctor. He has been having quite a time with his vision lately. They are going to dilate his eyes and see what the trouble is..I am needed to chauffer him home. We pray it is nothing too serious...I'll keep you posted.

0 comments: